Writing Amazon Bullet Points Like a Pro: A Complete Guide
Are you struggling to write Amazon bullet points that actually sell? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve got some tips and tricks that will take your product listings to the next level.
Let’s face it, in the world of e-commerce, Amazon is the king, and optimizing your product page is critical to making sales. One of the most important parts of your listing is the bullet points, and if you’re not writing them like a pro, you’re leaving money on the table.
So, let’s dive into how you can write bullet points that will hook your customers and get them clicking that buy button!
But first… What is a listing on Amazon?
So, picture this: you’re on Amazon looking to buy a new gadget, and you stumble upon a page that has all the information you need to make a decision. This page is what we call an Amazon listing, and it’s where a seller displays a product they’re selling.
On the listing, you’ll find the product’s name, pictures, a written description with snappy Amazon bullet points, price, dimensions, and customer reviews.
Oh, and there’s more!
You can also see if there are any coupons available, check out the shipping options, read questions and answers from other customers, and even see pictures submitted by users. It’s a one-stop-shop for all the info you need before making a purchase.
What are Amazon bullet points?
An Amazon product page has five bullet points next to the product image that highlights its main features or benefits.
A bullet point in Amazon makes it easier to read and understand product information by presenting it in bite-sized pieces that help shoppers understand the product better and make a buying decision with more confidence. This is why a bullet point in Amazon listing is so important.
What Are Amazon Bullet Points Best Practices? – Guidelines To Practice
Amazon product listing optimization is crucial as it can increase product visibility and sales. It’s the key to getting more eyes on your products and beating out the competition. Amazon SEO involves some fancy footwork, like professional product photography, using keyword research tools, and crafting keyword-rich listings. The goal is to catch the attention of the Amazon search algorithm and push your product to page one.
What happens when your products’ bullet points are not properly optimized?
Chances are your product might not rank well and eventually not sell. Thus, when writing Amazon bullet points, keep the following guidelines in check:
- Bullet points should be relevant to the product niche/category
- Conduct keyword research (with tools like Helium 10, Data Hawk, SellerApp, etc) to find relevant, top-ranking keywords to incorporate into bullet points for better Amazon search results
- Highlight the USP of the product by mentioning the built quality and materials used to make the product. It builds trust in the product while showcasing its uniqueness of the product and what distinguishes it from the competition
- Bullet points should emphasize advantages and product benefits to persuade customers to buy the product
- Avoid redundant keyword usage, which may lead to keyword stuffing and reduce the effectiveness of bullet points
- Avoid exaggerated claims and false information to prevent setting unrealistic customer expectations and negative feedback
- Keep bullet points brief and informative, avoiding the maximum character limit
- Write bullet points in a readable way to customers, avoiding technical jargon
- Address customer pain points and important questions in bullet points for better conversion rates. To achieve this, thoroughly analyze your competitor reviews to get more ideas of what your customers are looking for
- Aside from looking at reviews and feedback, consider analyzing competitor bullet points to gain insights on how to structure bullet points for maximum effectiveness
Note: Bullet points point in Amazon is a great way to convince shoppers at first glance. Remember to think and write from a customer perspective.
Common Concerns When It Comes To Amazon Bullet Points:
How to add more than 5 bullet points to an Amazon listing?
While you can add more than 5 bullet points, our Amazon Marketplace experts at Mastroke strongly recommend using 5 bullet points as it is enough to describe the product in detail, and it fits the screen without getting truncated.
Can I update my Amazon bullet points after my product is listed?
Yes, even after a product has been listed, its bullet points can be changed. During the initial set-up, our experts update the product title, description, bullet points, and search terms on the listing quality board.
However, if you wish to update your listing, here are the steps to be followed:
- Go to the search bar on the left-hand side of the toolbar
- Search the products that are to be edited
- Once the products populate, click the ‘Edit’ button located to the right of the product
- You will be redirected to the Edit Product Details’ page, where you can edit both backend and consumer-facing details
- Repeat the process if you have additional products that require content updates
Can Amazon bullet points affect my product’s search ranking?
Yes, customers co-relate what they have read about the product to what they have actually received. Thus, resulting in them leaving a positive or negative feedback based on their experience. This can significantly impact the product ranking on Amazon.
What Is Amazon Listing Optimization?
Okay, so now that you know what is an Amazon listing, what are Amazon bullet points, their best practices, and common concerns, you must want to know how to get your product noticed and sell like hotcakes. That’s where Amazon Listing Optimizations come into play!
It’s the process of polishing up your product’s page to catch the eye of potential buyers, increase visibility, and drive sales. This means improving your product listing with the right keywords, attractive images, and persuasive product descriptions to make it rank higher in Amazon search results. Amazon’s search algorithm aims to match shoppers’ search phrases with the most relevant products.
By including related keywords and phrases in your product listing, Amazon will promote it more in search results. Adding keywords in the product title, description, back-end search terms, and subject matter is most effective.
For Amazon listing optimization, include high-quality product pictures that shows:
- What problem your product solves
- Relevant dimensions in SI units followed by target audience
- Why it’s valuable
- Benefits of the product
- Use infographics with clear, easy-to-understand language
This is important because it affects how customers see your store on Amazon.
How To Write Amazon Bullet Points: Additional Technical Tips
1. Bullet points must start with capital letters
2. Sellers can have up to 5 bullet points (the character limit for Amazon bullet points is 500 characters per point, that is, 2500 characters for 5 bullet points)
3. Each bullet point should list 5 key features or important product characteristics
4. Ensure uniformity in the length of bullet points, neither too short nor too long
5. Avoid promotional content, pricing, sales, and discounts in bullet points
6. Focus on facts and relevant product features, not marketing material
7. Avoid using HTML and other coding to create fancy symbols in bullet points
8. Remember to add emotions as an element to make the product feel more relevant and needed
9. If adding bullet point emoji, remember to not over-do it as it can distract customers from reading the main features of the product
Pro tip: Looking for expert Amazon listing optimization? Get in touch with our Amazon Marketing experts today for all-round Amazon marketing solutions.
Make Your Customer Buy Instantly By Adding These Details To Your Amazon Bullet Points
Conduct thorough market research
Conducting thorough market research is important when writing Amazon bullet points because it helps you understand what your potential customers are looking for and what words they use to describe it.
Knowing your market also helps you highlight your product’s most important features and benefits and position it against your competitors. This way, you can make your product stand out and appeal to the needs and wants of your target audience.
Additionally, using Amazon’s style guide ensures that your product listing covers information a potential customer might be looking for. Here’s a link to Amazon’s latest guidelines that are being followed.
Keywords optimize your listings
Keyword optimization of an Amazon listing is important because it helps the product appear in relevant search results, increasing the visibility of the product to potential customers. By including relevant keywords in the title, product description, bullet points, and backend search terms, Amazon’s algorithm is better able to match the search queries of potential customers with the listed product.
This, in turn, can improve Amazon product ranking and increase the chances of it being discovered and ultimately purchased by customers. Wondering how backend keywords work in Amazon? Check our blog here.
Make your headers captivating
Writing captivating headings for an Amazon listing is important because it’s the first thing potential customers will see. The heading is what draws their attention and makes them want to learn more about the product.
A well-crafted heading should be descriptive, informative, engaging, and should include relevant keywords to improve the listing’s search visibility. A captivating heading can help increase click-through rates and ultimately drive more sales for the product.
Writing for the Amazon algorithm
When it comes to how the Amazon algorithm works, there are two main factors to consider. The first is on-page factors, which involve Amazon checking your product listing for relevant keywords that match what the customer is searching for.
All the keywords the customer enters should be included in your listing. The second factor is off-page, which determines where your product ranks based on metrics such as sales, conversion rates, and reviews.
Amazon wants to maximize turnover, so products with the highest sales potential or probability are placed at the top, making strategic Amazon listing optimization important.
Use A+ Content and brand story
Adding A+ content can increase a product’s sales significantly because customers are more satisfied when they have more information about the product. An A+ Content description can increase the average conversion rate by 5.6%, according to an Amazon study.
As a third-party seller on Amazon, it is important to understand the six elements associated with a product listing, whether it’s private label or retail arbitrage.
The following make for A+ Content
- Product Description
- Product Features
- Product Image
- Product Ratings
- Product Reviews
- Product Title
Avoid keyword stuffing
Avoiding keyword stuffing in an Amazon listing is important because it can negatively impact its visibility and credibility. “Keyword stuffing” refers to the practice of using an excessive amount of keywords in a listing’s content, titles, and bullet points in an attempt to manipulate search engine Amazon product rankings.
However, Amazon’s algorithm is designed to identify and penalize listings that use keyword stuffing, resulting in lower visibility in search results or even removal from the platform altogether.
Moreover, keyword stuffing can make the listing appear spammy and unprofessional, which can deter potential customers from making a purchase.
To avoid these negative consequences, it’s crucial to use keywords judiciously and strategically while maintaining a natural and readable tone in the listing’s content.
Benefits Of Amazon Bullet Points Optimization
- Amazon bullet points are crucial in increasing sales by allowing sellers to market the unique selling points of their products and convince customers that the product meets their requirements.
- Customers often make buying decisions quickly, so bullet points are a go-to point to quickly skim through and determine whether to make a purchase or not.
- Using the right keywords in bullet points can grab the customer’s attention and impress them with the listing’s uniqueness, leading to increased sales volume.
- Keywords used in bullet points are indexed along with other parts of the product description, improving the chances of a higher ranking on Amazon SERP and increasing visibility.
- Optimizing product listings with keywords everywhere, including bullet points, can improve visibility and higher rankings on Amazon SERP
Why Are Amazon Bullet Points Important For Product Listings?
- Amazon bullet points provide a quick summary of the key features and benefits of a product.
- Bullet points help break up the information on a product page, making it easier for customers to scan and digest.
- Well-written bullet points can help a product stand out from the competition and increase its chances of being purchased.
- Bullet points also provide an opportunity to include relevant keywords and improve a product’s visibility in Amazon’s search results.
- Amazon places a high emphasis on the content of bullet points when determining search result rankings, making them a critical aspect of Amazon SEO
What Happens When Your Amazon Bullet Points Are Not Written Properly
- Low sales due to less visibility and fewer clicks
- Poor product ranking on Amazon search results
- Reduced customer trust and confidence in the product
- Potential negative impact on brand image and reputation
- Lowered customer satisfaction and increased returns
- Missed opportunities to highlight product features and benefits
- Increased competition from rival products with better bullet points
- Difficulty in conveying product information to potential customers
Amazon Bullet Points – Best Amazon Listings To Take Inspiration From
Product: Milkscope Galactic Cube Hanging Lamp – Modern LED Lights for Home & Office Decor | Modern Boho Decor Lamps for Living Room, Bedroom | Ideal Gift for Men and Women (11.8″ × 11.8″ × 11.8″)
The Amazon bullet points highlight the features and details about the product clearly, making it possible to imagine how the product is a good fit for interior decoration and why your home needs it to enhance the space’s aesthetics.
Product: Aluminium Foldable Laptop Stand for Desk, Work from Home Essentials, MacBook Stand, Adjustable Ergonomic Design, Silver, 1 Unit
The Amazon bullet points for this product description cover every aspect of a laptop stand in detail. It also addresses common concerns that people have when it comes to buying a metal laptop stand.
Why Even List Your Product On Amazon?
Now, you must be curious about all the hype around listing your product on Amazon and why it’s such a big deal. Well, here’s the scoop: Amazon is predicted to generate 491 billion U.S. dollars between 2023 and 2027, making it an important platform for e-commerce sales.
Listing your product on Amazon can provide several benefits. Firstly, Amazon is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms in the world, with millions of daily users. By listing your product on Amazon, you gain access to a vast customer base that you may not be able to reach through other channels.
Moreover, Amazon takes care of many aspects of selling for you, such as payment processing, customer service, and shipping. It saves time and effort while creating room for businesses to focus on other important aspects of their brand.
And lastly, Amazon’s search algorithm can help your product get discovered by customers who are looking for items similar to yours. By optimizing your product listing with relevant keywords and high-quality images, you increase your chances of appearing in search results, which can lead to more sales.
Add More Value to Your Product Descriptions With The Right Amazon Bullet Points
A critical aspect of a product’s description on the platform, these bullet points provide customers with a quick overview of the product’s features and benefits, which can help them make informed buying decisions.
As such, it’s essential to ensure that the bullet points are written correctly and concisely, highlighting the essential features and benefits of the product. Following style guides is a great way to ensure your bullet points fulfill Amazon SEO as properly written bullet points can significantly impact the product’s visibility and improve the likelihood of a customer making a purchase.
Ready to take your Amazon marketing to the next level? Connect with Mastroke today for personalized Amazon services.